IT Manager Grade 8/9, points 25 to 35
£32,020 to £41,496 (pay award pending)
Required as soon as possible
The governors of this very successful Catholic High School wish to appoint an IT Manager to join our IT Team.
Cardinal Allen is a great place to work and an excellent community to belong to. We receive tremendous support from our parents and Governors. Our pupils actively engage in all aspects of school life, and there is a culture of mutual support and openness.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide excellent customer service, coupled with the use of help-desk management system
- Manage the work of staff providing technical support to staff and pupils allocating jobs
- Diagnose and resolve a wide range of complex network, software and hardware faults
- Develop school policies and procedures for the use of ICT within the school environment
- Design and implement changes to the schools ICT software and hardware and liaise with consultants on the specifications of new software / hardware as appropriate
- Keep abreast of relevant changes and best practice within ICT, particularly in relation to security
Cardinal Allen is a forward looking, oversubscribed, “outstanding Catholic school”, evaluated by Ofsted earlier this year as a ‘good school’. Inspectors said, ‘Pupils are happy to attend this kind and welcoming school. Pupils achieve well. This is because leaders set high expectations for all pupils’. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Interested candidates are welcome to call the Business Manager, Jane Abra for an informal discussion or to visit the school to discuss the opportunity further. Applicants must complete the CES application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09.00 Thursday 23 November 2023.