Cooking and Nutrition Teacher
Required for September 2017
The governors of this very successful Catholic high school wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Cooking and Nutrition. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate of the highest calibre to join our very successful Design Technology team – a team that regularly achieves the best examination results in the school. We are seeking a colleague who has the ability to enthuse and motivate our pupils and who has the determination to continue to develop as a professional. The successful candidate will have the vision to educate our pupils about the importance of cooking and nutrition for a healthy life. This post is suitable for both NQTs and for those wishing to further develop their career in teaching.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent practitioner
- Have the knowledge and capacity to teach across the full age and ability range
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved
- Have the skills to play a key role in the continued development of this subject
- Have a clear understanding and enthusiasm for Cooking and Nutrition
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our pupils
Cardinal Allen is a forward looking, oversubscribed, “outstanding Catholic school”, seeking to build on its success. Leadership and behaviour were both judged as outstanding in our most recent Ofsted inspection (2015) and we are determined to continue to provide the very best for the pupils in our care. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms and further details are available via the school website or by contacting the school. Candidates are more than welcome, indeed encouraged, to call the Headteacher for an informal discussion or to visit the school prior to application.
Closing date for applications is Monday 24th April 2017.