Teacher of Design Technology
Required for September 2017
The governors of this very successful Catholic high school wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Design Technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate of the highest calibre to join our very successful Design Technology team - a team that regularly achieves the best examination results in the school. We are seeking a colleague who has the ability to enthuse and motivate our pupils and who has the determination to continue to develop as a professional. This post is suitable for both NQTs and for those developing their teaching career.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent practitioner;
- Have the knowledge and capacity to teach across the full age and ability range;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved;
- Have the skills to play a key role in the continued development of this subject;
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our pupils - Have a clear understanding and enthusiasm for the new Product Design curriculum.
Cardinal Allen is a forward looking, oversubscribed, "outstanding Catholic school", seeking to build on its success. Leadership and behaviour were both judged as outstanding in our most recent Ofsted inspection (2015) and we are determined to continue to provide the very best for the pupils in our care. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Application forms and further details are available via the school website or by contacting the school. Candidates are more than welcome, indeed encouraged, to call the Headteacher for an informal discussion or to visit the school prior to application. Closing date for applications is Thursday 30th March 2017.